October 14, 2013

Homemade Italian Spice Mix

I am working on a recipe for crockpot spaghetti sauce, but for now I wanted to share with you our homemade spice mix. I was in the habit of buying spaghetti sauce until I discovered how easy it was to make your own, not to mention cheaper! I love putting this mix together because of the aromatic spices, the smell is wonderful. Also, once you do this you'll never go back to buying expensive Italian Herb mixes!


Mix together in a jar:
  • 2 tbsp Basil
  • 1 tbsp Majoram
  • 1 tbsp Oregano
  • 1 tbsp Parsley
  • 1 tsp Thyme
  • 1 tsp Rosemary
  • 1 tsp Coriander

The great part about this mix is you decide which spices you like more of or which ones you don't like. Coriander is definitely optional - we like it in our sauce, but I also just happened to have it in my cupboard. Don't feel like you need all of the spices to make this mix, go ahead and make it anyway and see how you like it!

- Sarah

Linking up with Party Wave Wednesday


“You know well enough that Our Lord does not look so much at the greatness of our actions, nor even at their difficulty, but at the love with which we do them.”                                                            ~ St. Thérèse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...